Now Hiring! General Manager – Full-time Position
Are you the dynamo to lead our staff in the face of Big Box Retailing and E-commerce?
Pollock’s Hardware has been open for business at 1407 Main St. since 1922, and in 2008 was transformed to a Co-operative. In 2013, Pollock’s Hardware Co-op opened a 2nd location at 550 Osborne. Both locations offer a community-based cooperative option to help these neighbourhoods meet their hardware needs.
About the Position….
The General Manager is responsible for profitably managing operations at both store locations through influencing sales, setting budget, controlling expenses, and managing inventory. The GM reports directly to the Board of Directors of the co-operative. The GM will define the standard of performance for the stores, clearly communicate that expectation to all staff, and evaluate the execution of that performance. The GM directly supervises, develops, and evaluates all staff. Competitive salary with potential for bonuses.
- High-energy, positive, and outgoing personality
- Past retail management experience is mandatory
- Hardware or building supply sector experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, including ability to teach and motivate staff
- Experience with POS system and standard computer applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Driver’s licence and access to a vehicle are an asset.
- Familiarity with co-operative or community development principles is an asset. Passionate about customer and member service.
Pollock’s Hardware Co-op is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter by December 12th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Pollock’s GM” in the subject line. Thank you to all who apply, however, we will only be following up with those selected for an interview.